The Kalitta Air Maintenance Training Center is an 8879 square foot facility containing 3 classrooms with full media support, 2 practical training labs, a computer based training station and a “CATS” (computer assisted testing service) FAA test site.
The Maintenance Training Department is responsible for ensuring that repair station and airline employees are properly trained to perform their assigned job functions and for ensuring that Kalitta Air, LLC. is able to respond to changing training needs. We provide FAA regulatory and OSHA required training classes along with training to maintain personnel technical proficiency and to improve personnel skills.
Utilizing an FAA Approved training program, the training department staff delivers instructor-led and computer-based training used for maintaining the equipment worked on by Kalitta Air, LLC. Emphasis throughout the entire program is on safety and airworthiness. The end result of this program is to have employees that are fully trained on procedures, techniques and are competent to perform duties in accordance with FAA requirements.
With our continuous analysis and surveillance program and by utilizing our subject matter expert interview process, we are able to gather real time data.
We utilize this information for course creation allowing us to present our maintenance personnel with the latest information available to maintain our fleet of aircraft and engines.
Our training instructors and course developers are highly experienced certificated mechanics, pilots and avionics technicians with years of aircraft maintenance experience.
Our instructors utilize the instructional systems design concept and course development process to develop courses that are interactive and objective-based with performance measurements.
Provide measurable, performance based regulatory and skills technical training for the maintenance employees of Kalitta Air LLC., emphasizing the knowledge and skills necessary to repair and maintain Kalitta Air LLC. aircraft and customer aircraft in a safe and airworthy state.
- Systems/Avionics/Powerplant for Line and Base Maintenance for the following aircraft types:
- Boeing 777,767,757,747,737,727 all series
- McDonnell Douglas DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80
- Ground Handling & Servicing / Ramp and Transit
- Safety Training
- Avionics / Auto Flight / EWIS/ Lower Minimums/ Navigation
- Extended Operations (ETOPS)
- Engine Run / Taxi
- Aircraft, Engine, APU Systems and Troubleshooting
- Principles of Troubleshooting
- Safety Management Systems Training
- Risk Management / Root Cause Analysis
- Human Factors in Aircraft Maintenance
- ISO 9001 Training
- Hazardous Materials / Dangerous Goods / Security Training
- Basic Structures / Sheet Metal Repair
- Ground Support Equipment Training
- Airframe & Powerplant Prep Courses
- Inspection Processes / Non Destructive Testing
(989) 739-8920 Ext 7221