Kalitta Air Adds 10-Meter Test Cell
Kalitta Air has added a 10-meter engine test cell to its FAA Certified Repair Station in Oscoda, Michigan.
The test cell is rated at 100,000 pounds of thrust, and is capable of testing all Pratt & Whitney JT9D Series engines
and GE CF6-50 and -80 engines. This test cell complements Kalitta’s new CF6 Engine Shop for the repair of GE CF6 Series
engines – another recent addition in Oscoda.
housing the 10-meter test cell
is 240 feet long by 33 feet wide, with an inlet height of 45 feet and an exhaust
height of 56 feet. The Test Cell is equipped with the latest
control systems provided by ATEC, Inc., a recognized leader in turbine engine test systems.
Our MRO facilities include the following hangar space:
Hangar 8, built in 2008, is approximately 80,000 square feet and completely encloses a Boeing 747-800 Series.
It is used for aircraft maintenance and support of aircraft maintenance. Hangar 8 has an independent infrared as well as 6 million BTU make-up
heating system, overhead 1,000 watt light fixtures, shop air, a production control booth, shop space, composite shop & paint booth and
a tool cage.
- 53,058 square feet is used for aircraft maintenance and support of aircraft maintenance, with a deluge foam fire suppression system.
- Approx. 40,000 square feet used solely for aircraft maintenance and support. It will house DC-10s on down.
- 32,548 square feet used for aircraft maintenance and support of aircraft maintenance. It can completely enclose a DC-10 on down
- 28,361 square feet used for back shop & ground power maintenance for aircraft & base maintenance support
- 28,041 square feet used for JT8-D Engine maintenance and support of aircraft backshop maintenance.
- 17,750 square feet used for calibration lab, QC Bond area, stockroom, storage, shipping & receiving.